At Gilchrist & Soames we recognise that each action our business takes has an impact on the environment and the communities in which we operate.
- We are committed to leading by example through environmentally sustainable practices in our workplace activities and community engagement
- We are committed to finding and implementing practices in Gilchrist & Soames offices, manufacturing plant and distribution centers that reduce the negative impact of our work
This commitment will be met by:
- Understanding the environmental aspects and impacts of our activities and where appropriate changing the way that we operate
- Ensuring that all staff are aware of the expectations
- Measuring our performance against agreed objectives and targets
The Gilchrist & Soames sustainability objectives and targets are developed by a cross functional leadership team and approved by the Executive team.
Committing to principles of pollution prevention and waste avoidance in daily operations:
- Power conservation
- Minimizing production scrap
Understanding and minimizing downstream impact of products on the environment:
- Offering only biodegradable products
- Clean formulations >95% naturally derived ingredients
- Having a positive impact on the communities where we do business
- Donating finished goods waste to local non-profit organizations in support of their missions
- Continuous growth of workforce through ongoing employee training
Gilchrist & Soames will achieve this by:
- Training and supporting staff to work and live with sustainability in mind every day
- Managing, monitoring and measuring resource use
- Influencing external suppliers and stakeholders to manage resources effectively
To ensure that we continually improve against our objectives we will monitor activities and report results regularly.