Reduction in contamination of the land, ocean & air.
We strive to continually reduce plastic in new and existing products; plastic should only be replaced if the replacement lowers the carbon footprint.
- Gilchrist & Soames reduced 2,078,527lbs of plastic by removing 168,273,023 single-use bottles from the environment in FY2023 by transitioning customers into dispensers.
- Reduce plastic consumption
- Dispensers save an average of 56% to 77% compared to single-use amenities
- Bag in a Box 2.5 gallon refill saves an average of 78% compared to the 1-gallon drum
- Reduce excess packaging and plastic content with our eco-friendly necessities, launching in 2023; resize outer packaging; removal of unnecessary internal plastic with wheatstraw and bamboo alternative options, with clearly defined eco attributes on each product.
Reduction in energy & green house gases.
- Create efficiencies in manufacturing process
- Offer refillable dispensers which can reduce marine pollution
- Use post consumer recycled plastic
- Partner with Clean the World to recycle soap and shampoo products which are given to people in need
Enables plastic waste to be repurposed.
- Use recyclable packaging
- Use post-consumer recycled plastics
- Contribute to Green Dot recycling programme